TechHire’s mission is to recode the American economy by helping employers find outstanding tech talent, and overlooked job seekers get the training and connections they need to start successful technology careers.
Throughout this document, the words “TechHire”, “Team TechHire” “us,” “we,” and “our” refer to the subset of work identified as “TechHire” by the organization known as Opportunity@Work, our Site or our Service, as is appropriate in the context of the use of the words.
The term “Job Seekers” will refer to users of our Site who are looking for information on technology careers and/or employment opportunities. The term “Employers” will refer to individuals and/or organizations seeking to access talent sources for The term “TechHire Communities” will refer to specified locations that are designated as a TechHire Community. Full list of TechHire Communities can be found at www.techhire.org/communities.
When you submit your information on TechHire.org, request information, participate in a survey, upload content or otherwise actively send us data on our Site, we may collect such data including, but not limited to, your first and last name, e-mail address, interests in a technology career, company name, company location, roles company is hiring for, organization name, or any other data you provided when requesting more information or expressing interest to get involved.
- Log Files. Our server automatically recognizes the IP address of visitors. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors use and navigate our Web sites, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each Web page, and the length of their visits. We share them with no one. In addition, if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Cookies. TechHire.org may place cookies in files on your computer. The cookies themselves do not collect or reveal any personally identifying information about you. You always have the option of disabling cookies via your browser preferences.
- Google Analytics. You can opt out of the collection of aggregated, anonymous demographic data by visiting the Ad Settings of your Google account or installing Google’s opt-out add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will not sell or rent the information collected on this Site or through our Services to anyone. In general, we use the information you provide either to respond to requests you make or to aid us in serving you better through our services in the following ways:
- Use the information you respond to connect you with local TechHire communities and resources
- Communicate via email to verify ownership of email address
- Send ongoing emails to facilitate your experience and use of the Service
- Send an email update regarding the Service or Site, including release of additional features and resources and expanded locations
- Use the information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us
- Use the information to recommend resources specific to your location, skill or desired role
- Use the information to recommend talent sources specific to your location and roles you are hiring for
Sharing Information We may share your information with TechHire Lead Coordinating Organizations with whom we have a data sharing agreement. Job Seeker personal information, such as name, email address, and location may be shared with the goal to better support the Job Seeker to access career resources in their location. Employer information, such as name, Company name, email address, location, and hiring needs may be shared with the goal of facilitating connections with local talent sources.
Third Party Websites
Secure Your Personal Information
TechHire.Org is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. No method of transmission over the internet or any other method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We use our best reasonable efforts to protect your personal information.
Opt Out from Communication
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Last Updated December 20, 2016